Do you have some free time this August? Could you help out on an exciting community art project?
- Tuesday 6th
- Wednesday 7th
- Thursday 8th
- Friday 9th
Between 10.30 am and 2.30 pm (2 x 2-hour slots, 10.30 – 12.30 and 12.30 – 2.30)
‘The world comes to Street’ is a community art project which is using material from the Millfield visitors’ books to highlight the diverse and important people who came to Street between 1891 and 1935.
Over the course of 5 days participants will construct a huge map of Great Britain and a giant globe onto which we will trace the journeys made by visitors to Street. We hope to have two impressive pieces which show both how many and how varied these visitors were. We will use information from the visitors’ books to plot these journeys.
We need a team of volunteers to help us make this a success!
- Welcoming participants and explaining what stage we are at and what they can do to help
- Ensuring that we have enough materials available, and stocking up
- Helping participants if they need it, or getting them started
- Making sure that everyone is safe and only working in the designated area
- Answering general questions about the Alfred Gillett Trust
- Giving participants more information about the visitors’ books if possible
- Organising feedback from participants
- Setting up and tidying away materials
- Encouraging people to get involved
For more details download the Volunteer Role Description